Public Relations Coordinator - Girls Inc. of Greater Indianapolis
|Apr. 14, 2013 - Apr. 30, 2013|
|Description:||Girls Inc. of Greater Indianapolis is seeking a skilled individual who can effectively communicate the organization's message through traditional and social marketing platforms, events, and media relations. The ideal candidate will take an innovative approach to broadening the awareness of Girls Inc. to the greater Indianapolis area. |
Girls Inc. of Greater Indianapolis provides hands-on programs that address the challenges that girls face today, such as self-esteem and bullying. Our mission is to inspire all girls to be strong, smart, and bold. The Public Relations Coordinator will work within the Department of Development and Public Relations to raise awareness, funds, and volunteer support for Girls Inc. of Greater Indianapolis through the planning and implementation of organizational communications, public and media relations strategies, and special events.
· Plan and implement comprehensive communications campaigns to enhance the organization's visibility and effectiveness;
· Coordinate content development and manage distribution of online and print media including website, newsletters, blog, social networking sites, and other electronic communications;
· Align content and timing of organization's online communications with its public relations goals;
· Convene cross-departmental teams for continuous improvement to organization's online presence, including conducting trainings for employees as needed;
· Organize and maintain photo, video, and story archive;
· Manage speakers bureau program.
Public & Media Relations:
· Keep abreast of local and national news related to girl- and youth-development;
· Coordinate opportunities to engage organization and CEO in media coverage;
· Cultivate relationships with media representatives;
· Maintain ongoing position statements and speaking points related to Girls Inc. programs;
· Network with community members and pursue public relations opportunities;
· Initiate updates of organization's public relations policies and online media kit;
· Respond to media and public information requests;
· Oversee writing and distribution of press releases.
· Assist in the planning and execution of fundraising special events (including Touchstone Awards);
· Manage all marketing and promotions related to special events;
· Coordinate and respond to media needs at special events.
· Utilize fundraising database to ensure accurate, complete, and up-to-date records of constituents;
· Attend staff, board, and collaborative meetings as pertinent to position;
· Practice responsible stewardship of Girls Inc.'s resources and contribute to a sustainable financial future;
· Support the development and implementation of strategic goals and objectives;
· Supervise part-time interns and volunteers, when applicable;
· Perform other duties as assigned by Director of Development & PR.
· Bachelor's degree required
· Experience using email marketing and CMS systems required
· Demonstrated experience in social media, media relations, and event planning
· Professional public relations and/or development experience in the nonprofit sector preferred
· Experience managing organizational social media presence preferred
· Excellent writing, presentation, and verbal communication skills
· Demonstrated ability to employ an innovative and entrepreneurial approach to nonprofit communications strategies
· Demonstrated ability to interact with donor prospects and volunteers in a variety of settings and through a variety of media
· Demonstrated commitment to ethical professional behavior
· Demonstrated ability to lead project teams
o Demonstrated commitment to the mission of Girls Inc. and its constituents
o Represent Girls Inc. in an appropriate way in all settings
o Ability to work individually and as part of a team
o Communicate professionally in both verbal and written forms
o Ability to multitask and adapt in a dynamic environment
o Intermediate technology skills and abilities
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.