|Duties:||The City of Cincinnati, Green Umbrella, and Leadership Cincinnati Class 34 are pleased to announce the proposed launch of a bike share system for the Greater Cincinnati region in Spring, 2014. Bike share provides a low‐cost mobility option for short urban trips through a network of bike rental stations placed throughout the city. Bikes can be rented and returned to any one of the fully automated stations in the network. The first phase of the program will include 210 bikes docked at 21 stations located in the Downtown and Over-the-Rhine areas of Cincinnati. Future expansions will include Uptown and Northern Kentucky. |
While the bulk of operations will be "outsourced" to B-Cycle, LLC, the Executive Director will be responsible for strategic planning, fiscal oversight, leading fundraising and sponsorship activities, development and execution of a marketing plan. The Executive Director will work very closely with the B-cycle Program Manager to ensure timely and efficient implementation and operations of the bike share program. B-cycle's primary responsibilities will include site selection of stations, permitting, procurement of bicycles and stations, station installation, pre-launch marketing and launch day planning, and ongoing operations (fleet management and maintenance, office management, etc.)
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Leading the development and implementation of a strategic business plan that includes revenue and expense projections and models, physical infrastructure (bike share system, staff and physical location), marketing/PR/community outreach, fundraising and sponsorship models, long‐term sustainability strategies, financial and operational metrics, and the program's phased‐in approach.
- Financial management/fiscal oversight of bike share income and expenses
- Oversight of B-Cycle operations contract
- Execution of financial development, in partnership with B-Cycle, LLC and its local management team. This includes identifying prospective funders and sponsors, writing grant applications, negotiating sponsor agreements, fostering ongoing relationships with existing partners and continually identifying potential partners
- Grant management (resulting from capital fundraising), ensuring grant compliance with respect to fund usage, reporting, etc.
- Overseeing execution of marketing/PR/community outreach/membership fulfillment by B-Cycle management team in accordance with the business plan. This will include, as determined in the marketing portion of the business plan, providing "wrap‐around" marketing support (which might include an annual report, community outreach/promotional support, etc.)
- Reporting to Cincy Bike Share, Inc.'s Board of Directors, the City of Cincinnati, funders, sponsors, and other partners and community stakeholders as specified in the business plan, grant agreements, sponsorship contracts, etc.
|Qualifications:||Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:|
- Proven leadership and problem‐solving skills and experience;
- Demonstrated understanding of the value of teamwork, collaboration and relationship building, both internally and externally;
- Strong relationship nurturing and managements skills;
- Exceptional advocacy experience at both the grass roots and grass tops levels;
- Creative visioning and strategic planning skills;
- Commitment to community building at a regional level;
- Exceptional communications skills, including ability to interact with a variety of external and internal audiences;
- Fiscal oversight and financial management skills;
- Values diversity and inclusion;
- Technology literacy.
Contact Mel McVay, Senior City Planner, Department of Transportation & Engineering, City of Cincinnati, at Melissa.McVay@cincinnati-oh.gov or 513.352.5269 with any questions.
Click APPLY NOW to submit resume and cover letter. All applications must be submitted no later than 12:00pm EDT on September 20, 2013.